Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now there is no need to wait for some other new model because Suzuki provided us Forenza which is full of list of features like-- the LX adds alloy wheels and cruise control, keyless entry/alarm, power sunroof, and fog lights. EX has leather upholstery instead of cloth. Like other Suzukis, Forenza carries a 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that includes roadside assistance, and transferable 7/70,000 powertrain coverage with provision for a free loaner car.
Now what for you all are waiting, just go and buy it right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi richardson ! Well it is really very good job you are doing that is providing latest information about new models. I think you too crazy as I am in collecting information about cars. Do you know that Forenza was designed by the bankrupt Daewoo Motor Company, Ltd., and is assembled by GM Daewoo Automotive Technologies, which was formed by General Motors after it bought parts of Daewoo. GM also owns a stake in Suzuki.


Originally posted by richardson@Jul 23 2004, 01:53 PM
Now there is no need to wait for some other new model because Suzuki provided us Forenza which is full of list of features like-- the LX adds alloy wheels and cruise control, keyless entry/alarm, power sunroof, and fog lights. EX has leather upholstery instead of cloth. Like other Suzukis, Forenza carries a 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that includes roadside assistance, and transferable 7/70,000 powertrain coverage with provision for a free loaner car.
Now what for you all are waiting, just go and buy it right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Originally posted by laurin@Jul 24 2004, 01:03 AM
Hi richardson ! Well it is really very good job you are doing that is providing latest information about new models. I think you too crazy as I am in collecting information about cars. Do you know that Forenza was designed by the bankrupt Daewoo Motor Company, Ltd., and is assembled by GM Daewoo Automotive Technologies, which was formed by General Motors after it bought parts of Daewoo. GM also owns a stake in Suzuki.
Who owns who is not what matters. The point is that the Forenza is better built than any Daewoo or GM ever has been. I'm extremely happy with my car. Some of the interior materials are on par with cars MUCH more expensive. So like the man said...just go buy one. You won't regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Originally posted by SuperBlue@Nov 9 2004, 10:19 AM
Who owns who is not what matters. The point is that the Forenza is better built than any Daewoo or GM ever has been. I'm extremely happy with my car. Some of the interior materials are on par with cars MUCH more expensive. So like the man said...just go buy one. You won't regret it.
Exactly..on top of the fact that the Forenza is one of the best built cars in it's class it's also a heck of a value. Everyone keeps slamming Daewoo but it's a little known fact that Daewoo actually does build good cars. The engine are based upon Opel's (German GM) Family II engines. These engines were available in cars such as Astras, Calibras, and Vectras. The engines are manufactured in Australia (You can see that on the sticker at the dealer) Holden of Australia builds the Monaro which is the Pontiac GTO over here. So these guys know what they are doing. The car was designed in Italy as well. Daewoo is a strange company. Strange in the fact that they don't really build their own cars...which in my opinion is a good thing. They pay for the resources of more established Automotive companies and use them at there discretion. Based upon an engine breakdown and rebuild done there were no parts of the engine with a Daewoo stamp on them. They are all Opel stamps. The transmission is a GM made Aisin 81-40LE 4-Speed Auto Trans or D-20 5-Speed Manual Trans. D-Code trannies are typical GM front wheel drive applications.

So to sum it up. Daewoo U.S.A. did go bankrupt and Daewoo Automobiles was in hot water too...but this was because of bad business descisions...not shoddy craftmanship.

a couple of quotes for you.......

Leganza Ranked in Top 3 Most Appealing by J.D. Power & Associates
For car manufacturers the results of studies by J.D. Power & Associates are considered as the Oscar Nominations of the automotive business. This is why Daewoo is proud to announce that the Leganza featured as third ranked in the Entry Midsize segment of the recent 1999 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout study (APEAL) just completed by J.D. Power & Associates.
Daewoo has Lowest Accident Repair Costs for Small Cars
A document just released by the NRMA reveals that the Daewoo Lanos 1.5L 3D Manual Hatch is the cheapest small car to repair in the case of a typical urban accident.
Dutch journalists have voted the Nubira Wagon 'Family Car of the Year for 1998.' Two leading Dutch consumer magazines, 'Ouders van Nu' (Parents of Today), with a circulation of 130,000 and 'Kinderen' (Children) with a circulation of 126,000 organised the 'Family Car of the Year' award for the first time in cooperation with the 'Automotive', an automotive industry magazine
And Finally to that quality issue everyone seems to have with Daewoo.

Daewoo Acquires Iso 14001 Certification Daewoo's commercial vehicle plant in Kunsan, Korea was Iso 14001 was certified by SGS-ICS of Switzerland on November 18. This is the first instance of ISO 14001 certification for a Korean commercial vehicle plant.
BTW these quotes came from Wards Auto about three years ago....Daewoo has improved since then as well. With help from Suzuki and GM regarding feature content and even more quality. You get a nice little car!

So just go and buy! :D
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top