Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,971 Posts
About what?? The new Jimny has been available here in the EU for some time. It appears to basically be a refashioned Suzuki Samurai, at least in the body looks. I never investigated what kind of engine it has - the Trackick still seems to be a step up from the Jimny - wider track, beefier look, etc.

·
Super Moderator
12,571 Posts
Or a step down, depending on your point of view - the Trackick's with their independent front suspension, are more comfortable on road, but less capable off road.

Engine wise the Jimnys have had G13s, M13s & M15s, I'm not certain what the latest ones have fitted.

·
Registered
82 Posts
if your trail is as wide as a sidewalk you can drive it with the Jimny . Just saw my first one last week and the owner was pleased with small size and lack of accessories that every other 4x4 must have .

·
Super Moderator
12,571 Posts
if your trail is as wide as a sidewalk you can drive it with the Jimny . Just saw my first one last week and the owner was pleased with small size and lack of accessories that every other 4x4 must have .
The owner was pleased with the lack of accessories? Seems a little odd to me - I'm fairly certain that there is a wide range of accessories available for all models of the Jimny, the challenge becomes not "over accessorizing" the vehicle to the point that it's overloaded.

The other thing I wonder about is what in your mind is a Jimny - as that brochure suggests the Jimny name is fifty years old, so there are multiple different versions - what is common to them all is that they are small, live axled, part time 4WDs - what you know as a Samurai (and I'm sure you've seen those) is known in other markets as a Jimny, as were the original LJs with the two stroke engines. The first Suzuki I drove (around 1981/82) was an LJ50 Jimny, canvas top, with the two stroke, three cylinder 600cc engine, notorious for the ease with which you could put it on the side, and just as easy for two people to climb out, flip it back upright, climb back in & continue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know it is hard to fathom the idea of not wanting all the accouterments that we have come to rely on, but I for one would rather have roll up windows than the electric. Do I need all the gadgets that come with the newer models of 4x4 ? I wonder if it is a subconscious desire to remain out of the tech world we live in? Happy except for computer and electric windows in my 98 Sport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts