Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. ongoing problem, have no idea. The zuki starts right up, runs great for 15 minutes, then it dies. I put more gas in and it starts. However most of the time I can only get in a gallon or two and it's full so I know it's not out of gas. I just replaced the fuel pump with a new one in an attempt to eliminate the problem.

Same problem with new fuel pumpl, any ideas would be helpful!

last time I was able to hold the pedle to the floor and it started after 3-4 minutes of cranking.

·
Registered
929 Posts
This is a carb. engine right?

If yes, try taking an air compressor to were your gas line off the gas tank is and blowing about 10-20psi of pressure to clean it into the engine (yeah bad but you can disconnect it from the engine if you'd like too !)

Thats what I would do if it was my problem. Careful, what I explained is dangerous since it is gasoline and you said your gas-tank is full.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does sound like it might be a vacuum problem, make sure your fuel tank breather is not clogged up with crud.

·
Registered
20 Posts
when it dies does it feel like its running out of fuel or just drop dead on the spot like you just turned it off ????

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Replace The Fuel Filter Is Easy And Cheap , If The Card Continue With He Same Problem Re Check The Fuel Filter And If Its Clog Again You Need To Clean You Fuel Tank, I Have The Same Problem And I Change The Fuel Like 3 Times And The 3 Times Was Completely Clog ,then I Clean The Fuel Tank ,it Was Very Rusty And The Problem Has Gone For Ever

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just solved my problem with my 92 jlx auto, 16v. I have a 93 so I change all the electrical componets, one at a time the but no luck. I though I had changed the ECM but changed the Tranny comp. The ECM is behind the left speaker. I'll tell you some of the symptoms the see how they fit yours. Mine would run for about 12 mintues and thens die and with the fuel pump relay kicking out and the OD light would flash and the tranny code is 33 which is throttle postioner. I think the tranny code shows up because of loss of power. If the key is left on for ~12 minnutes It would not start untill it had cooled for a while. When I switched the ECM everything works fine !!! Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts