Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just won a 1988 Suzuki Sierra on ebay and I've arranged to go and pick it up this weekend!!

Thing is I haven't seen the car yet so i'm inspecting it when I go pick it up, we discussed it all over the phone.
The car has rust and a blown head gasket (well he said it overheats, coolant bottle exploded apparently) which I don't mind fixing but I want to make sure the rest of the car (like the gearbox and diffs) is all ok!

He said the diffs and gearbox were in excellent condition but I'm not sure how to verify this as it doesn't drive.
Does anyone know if Sierras have LSD diffs and if I can test them by raising the car and spinning the wheels by hand to check for play? That's how I check on my ford sedan so I assume it's the same concept. Is there anything else I should be looking for besides the diffs and gearbox any help would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats, got mine 18 months ago unseen... I had good luck except for the clutch. I would say just drive it and listen for noise, put it in 4wd low and high, try to climb something slippery and see if you got a loud popping sound out of the x fer case. front drive shaft sometimes packs it in. check the mounts on the x-fer case to see if they are ripped out or close to it.
Where are you located?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts