Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just purchased an 86' Tin Top Samurai JX. I've had an 87' and 88' years ago, so this isn't my first. I would just like a link or 2 on where I can purchase a set of stock decals that go down the exterior sides, as my current ones are of course cracked and faded. I'm having no luck finsing any online. Also, any link on headliners, or how to's on headliners for the Sammy, I'd appreciate it greatly, thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is the headliner like on newer cars with a soft padded velvet like cloth, or the old style that is thin stretched fabric with bows underneath?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Hmmmm...
I have never seen a stock headliner in a Sammy before. I have seen optional headliners that snap into the old fiberglass tops for cold weather areas. Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi. I just purchased an 86' Tin Top Samurai JX. I've had an 87' and 88' years ago, so this isn't my first. I would just like a link or 2 on where I can purchase a set of stock decals that go down the exterior sides, as my current ones are of course cracked and faded. I'm having no luck finsing any online. Also, any link on headliners, or how to's on headliners for the Sammy, I'd appreciate it greatly, thanks.

HEADLINER FOR HARDTOP...NEW.."JL" MODEL...OEM...$127.00
HEADLINER FOR HARDTOP...NEW..."JX"MODEL...OEM...$178.00

SuzukiJohn - Samurai New & Used Parts

the base "JL" headliner is the one with tiny pin holes, and the jx is more fancy, and has more insulation for a/c.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Good catch Ali! One day when I hit the lottery I will have a tintop to call my own. Suzuki John comes up with alot of hard to find parts, they just get a little pricey sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for all the replies guys. I have checked Ebay for the decals, but nothing has popped up yet. I wish I had a picture of the headliner, but I don't. Good to know there is a replacement available. A little out of my price range atm, so I might just go to a fabric store, get a material match close enough and try my hand at the do it yourself thing.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if you look at that site I linked they have 2 different decal styles. Type 2 and type 3... they don't have a type 1 listed.

type 3 you have to buy the rear, the hood and the right and left side
type 2 you have to buy a right and a left side

EXPENSIVE! It would cost less to have it masked and painted on by a body shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts