Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all suzuki owners. Im having alot of trouble with my transfer case.at least i think thats the problem. So if i put my transfer case into 2wd it will not move and just makes a grinding sound as i press my throttle. (When in gear) but the t case case does not move to the neutral area. It will stay in the 2wd section.
I can put the selecter in 4 hi . if i do this i have to hold it in pleace until i let off the clutch i also have to hold it in place if i downshift or go up or down a hill.but the thing that is wierd. It will stay in 4 low and it will never pop out of gear . any suggestions is much appriciated.thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive replaced my shift sheet and it helped me little bit. Do you know of any stock or swap replacements that will work.?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pull out the shifter and post some pics if you can of the end of shifter and the two shafts you see when you look down into the t case from above.

I would also take a pry bay and lift the t case and transmission to see if their rubber mounts are good. Also check the state of all six universal joints in the drive line and while you are at it check the state of the engine mounts.

I had similar issues in the past and it turned out to be the shifter seat and failed u-joint on the short shaft that connects the t case and the transmission.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fixed the problem thanks to everyone. I was not the shifter sheet.it was going shifter rod, that was not engageing properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts