Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i hear that there is a new model out next year for the Jimny. the current one is DOHC whereas the new one is going to be VVT, something like that. does anyone out there have more details conerning the new jimny model to be out next year ? if so, can u post it to me ? i'm thinking of getting the new one, just wanna know more about it. u can post to my email : [email protected].

many thanks,

david.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes you're right. New Jimny is coming with minor facelift and main changes happen in the interior of the car. The exterior remains the same. VVT engine and the switching of 2WD to 4WD using push-button instead of level type. You can get more detail in www.suzuki.co.jp japan suzuki website but you have to use an online language translator to understand the japanese meaning. Happy surfing!

From someone to share some light. :)

Originally posted by qsg0070@Nov 6 2004, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

i hear that there is a new model out next year for the Jimny. the current one is DOHC whereas the new one is going to be VVT, something like that. does anyone out there have more details conerning the new jimny model to be out next year ? if so, can u post it to me ? i'm thinking of getting the new one, just wanna know more about it. u can post to my email : [email protected].

many thanks,

david.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is what I read anout it

Suzuki Jimny replacement
Shares its mechanical underpinnings with the Fiat Panda 4x4

Suzuki is to unveil its new 4x4-station wagon crossover at the New York Motor Show next month. This 4x4 will go on sale alongside the existing - but ageing - Vitara and Grand Vitara models this autumn in the USA, and European sales could follow in spring 2005, though this has not yet been confirmed. The new model - name to be revealed in New York - is based on the GM Daewoo midsize platform (Nubira); Suzuki is already selling cars in the States based on Daewoo underpinnings, the Verona, Forenza and Reno saloons and hatches. The next all-new Suzuki 4x4, the replacement for the current Jimny, however, will be on a GM platform shared with Fiat, for its Panda-based SUV.

It's due out in the UK this year but I still have to see more info on it. :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also very interested to know something more abouth new Jimny? Motor will be from Fiat?Where to see picture?

·
Registered
1 Posts
the new jimny is probably gonna be based on the landbreeze concept (see google images) from a few years ago and may feature and electic/ petrol hybrid engine. but thats just a whisper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new Jimny exterior is exactly the same as before except one little detail. The S logo located at the centre of the front grille has changed. The main changes are the VVT engine and a whole new interior dashboard. Push button for selecting 2WD & 4WD & 4WD(L).

I own and has been driving the new Jimny since Jan 05. Not a popular vehicle in Singapore thus can't find much accessories around. Am looking for hard type spare wheel cover. Anyone out ther knows where to get. Had tried Champion Motors but they're dis-continued this item. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi , am new to Singapore , but thinking of getting a Jimney , I saw some spares in a used car place in Ubi I think at the automobile megamart , the address and deatils can be seen in http://www.thecarstory.com.sg/home/
They had a couple of Jumneys for sale , and they seem to be able to get spares.

One question you may be able to answer , does the Jimney M13A engine have a belt or chain for camshaft drive ?

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts