Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jimny is six weeks old and at times is difficult to start,it feels like no fuel is getting through until after 5 or 6 turns of the key it will start and engine speed will slowly build up.
I have been back to the dealer who did a diagnostic check and could find nothing wrong.Has anybody else experienced this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi. i own a 2003 jimny jlx. though i have not experience hard starting, i do experience a sudden drop in idling. mostly when the a/c is off. it drops below 500rpm and sometimes causes the engine to stall. anyways im just wondering if anybody has experienced such trouble. thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got somewhat the same problem. The engine needs 5-6 turns before starting. And when running on bumpy roads and/or over potholes at high speed the engine stalls but starts immediately again.

I suggest you guys do like me and start looking for loose cables or connectors. At least I got a loose one I’m sure.

.. Boris
www.jimny.se

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has just started with an intermitent starting problem. It won`t start, and then after 10 - 30 mins will start up as if nothing is wrong.

It does this hot or cold - but not always......

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I own a 2001 1.3 Jimny with 58000Km and has just started with similar problem. Has somebody been able to fix it ?

I'm in Argentina and here the Jimny is not common so there is no much expetience on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I took the car into the garage, and the transponder wasn`t talking to the ecu. There was corrosion in the wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Fatbear!

In my case it must be something different as mine does not have transponder/tranceiver.

Someone from a Spanish forum pointed out that the camshaft sensor may be the cause as other Jimny owners had this problem too and this little cockroach was the one to blame.

I'll let all know if this solves my issue.

Bye.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a brand new Suzuki Jimny 2 weeks ago and I experienced this problem just 2 miles down the road from the Suzuki dealer after taking delivery of the car. The Jimny literally just stops dead and you can only restart it after 5 or 6 goes. They diagnosed the problem as a faulty camshaft sensor which they replaced/fixed. It has been ok since then. Apparently what happens the car will lose power when the engine revs above a certain point. In my case about 2500RPM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts