Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, First post of my own so hello all!

Has anyone here used the wheel spacers that I keep seeing on E-Bay? I notice that they seem to attract high prices for what seem to be four thick washers with the holes drilled! So I was wondering just what is the real benefits here to using them?

Many Thanks in eager anticipation of hearing what you guys think!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wheel spacers affect much to stability with no need to use wider tire. But be aware of :
1. Fuel consumption may be slightly higher due to the additional rotational load (depend on the mass of the spacer).
2. Worse wheel balance. To avoid this, you should balance the spacer properly.
3. Wheel bolts and moors must be checked for tightness periodically. Weekly recommended.

Regards.

-yusmin-
Indonesia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I have fitted 30mm wheel spacers to my jimny like the ones sold on ebay. And yes they do seam to be very expensive for what they are!
Having said that ,It has improved the stability quite a bit and am very pleased with them.
A word of caution though, make sure you fit them correctly or you could cause steering and vibration problems. Also make sure you check them regularly :57:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious re comments about fuel economy. Do wheel spacers affect it by much? Also thinking about adding wheel spacers but is it worth it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question...

Hi I have fitted 30mm wheel spacers to my jimny like the ones sold on ebay. And yes they do seam to be very expensive for what they are!
Having said that ,It has improved the stability quite a bit and am very pleased with them.
A word of caution though, make sure you fit them correctly or you could cause steering and vibration problems. Also make sure you check them regularly :57:
Muddypaws... Do you have 30mm spacers in a standard Jimny? Or do you have any additional lift in your suspension?

I'm thinking on using a 30mm spacers on my Jimny wich has an standard suspension and 275/15R15 tires...

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts