Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a fantastic 2007 Jimny, it has only done 7750km but has a strange noise when under accelaration in 3rd & 4th gear.
The sound is not in sink with the engine RPM but rather slower and gradualy winding up. Say if you had free wheeling hubs it sounds like they would be semi engaged, or the front drive shaft was semi engaged.
The other day I was beside another Jimny in traffic and it to made the same sound under acceleration and I presume it to was in 3rd & 4th.
The sound can be stopped if you let up on the accelerater, and I am not a hard driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a fantastic 2007 Jimny, it has only done 7750km but has a strange noise when under accelaration in 3rd & 4th gear.
The sound is not in sink with the engine RPM but rather slower and gradualy winding up. Say if you had free wheeling hubs it sounds like they would be semi engaged, or the front drive shaft was semi engaged.
The other day I was beside another Jimny in traffic and it to made the same sound under acceleration and I presume it to was in 3rd & 4th.
The sound can be stopped if you let up on the accelerater, and I am not a hard driver.
Hi. I have a 2008 Jimny Sierra, Australia, 5 spd manual. It made a noise on acceleration in 3 & 4 gears, 2WD. Eventually fixed by changing 2 gears as a matched pair, and the chain, in the transfer case. Good luck..!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: Transmission Rattle

Hi,
Thank you very much for the infomation and I think your right on the money.
The noise is very simmilar to a loose chain ratteling and gains speed gradualy, just as though it is driven by the rotating forces around it if you understand what I mean?
I will pop it in to a suzuki dealer for a check. Are you by any chance in Perth? I am looking for a good experianced dealer who knows what there doing not just selling.
Best Regards, Steve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts