Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used 4 different, NO WAY to read codes from Jimny 2005, M13A engine, ELM 327, Maxiscan, etc...

Anybody knows what scanner can read the codes??? I need some help please, thanks from Costa Rica

·
Super Moderator
12,189 Posts
The OBD communications are actually driven by the legislative requirements of the market the vehicle is built for - US market had to have OBDII in 1996, UK & Europe had to have EOBD in 2001 - some countries have no such legislation, and some countries have vehicles which were built for other markets - I live in Guyana, South America but drive a Grand Vitara built for the African market and this was imported new by the Suzuki dealer from Japan.

To make a long story short - it's quite difficult to predict with any accuracy what will work - however - a good place to start is by examining the diagnostic connector to see which pins are populated.

A Jimny will probably have a 16 pin connector, knowing which pins are wired will suggest specific protocols.

By the way - there's a 99% probability a Vetronix Tech2 will work - that's what the Suzuki dealers use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimny 2005 gasoline M13A engine OBD 2 pins

Pins used are: # 4, 5, 7 and 16, maybe iso 9142... all scanners used are made with this protocol... I don´t understand why didn´t read codes...

Thanks a lot, and sorry I don´t speak english very well...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts