Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am having trouble with jimny,one cylinder not firing.changed plugs,checked coils with ohm meter and checked all plugs for spark,all plugs have spark.number 4 plug is still shiny and clean other 3 slightly blackened as they should be.i think no fuel getting to number 4 cylinder.what should I do next?remove injectors and get them looked at?

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
What you should do next is tell us what you're driving - there are jimnys and there are jimnys and until you tell us which one you have we can only guess.

The Jimny name has been used by Suzuki on several vehicles starting in the late 60's - at least two body styles and three different engines.

You seem to have MPI fuel injection & multiple coils so it's probably one of the more recent models - if you have spark, the next thing to check is fuel - either swap a known good injector in to the #4 position or get a noid light and plug it in place of the #4 injector - that will help you determine if you have a defective injector or if the injector is not being driven

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bought a pair of noid lights today and checked the the power going to the injectors,they all ok,all flashing away nicely.also did compression test,all cylinders are ok 180 psi or slightly above-had to turn jimny over using jumper leads from my corolla so may not have been turning at 250 rpm.

so have come to the conclusion its the number 4 injector being blocked or faulty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts