Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if any can shed some light on my problem on my Suzuki jimny on a 03 plate it has a slight rattle coming from passenger side front and a humming noise any ideas what it could be

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if any can shed some light on my problem on my Suzuki jimny on a 03 plate it has a slight rattle coming from passenger side front and a humming noise any ideas what it could be
My '03 Jimny had a real rattle...more of a "Rasp", sound. It was more pronounced when passing through certain revs (2,500 and 3,500). It was more annoying than worrying, but managed to get the wheels on ramps to have a look. It helped to have somebody else to rev the engine so I could pinpoint the problem. Turned out it was coming from the casing for the catalytic converter. The casing is held on at 4 corners with bolts/nuts, and parts of the casing surrounding the bolts had rusted away. The sound was just these metal parts vibrating at high frequency. Two small clamps (off mud flaps :huh:) was enough to tighten the two halfs of casing together.

Should extend the life of the exhaust a while, maybe give me another year anyway. :D

Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts