Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, need some expert help and this seems like the place to get it. I recently bought a T reg 1999 Jimny manual. Its low mileage (40k) and mint. Been well looked after and serviced, happy days. BUT, its started making an unusual noise when its on left lock, and setting off turning left. Its a weird rumbling/vibration. If i could spell how it sounds it'd be BRRRRRRTTT. It mainly happens at slow speed but will do it occasionally at higher speed if cornering harder. It seems to follow the accelerator ie it wont do it when you ease off the pedal. If i drive it in tight circles and pump the pedal the noise goes with it. Guy at garage said it could be clutch (the clutch is quite high) which seemed reasonable at the time as I had a BMW that made a similar sound going up hills. However I'm convinced its not that as it does it only on left lock, and mainly when going slowly. I know sweet FA about 4x4 mechanics, and I dont want my first JimJim to be my last (unless it lasts me forever!) cos I bloody love the thing. Any ideas??

Cheers, and hello by the way (i'm new on here)

Gary

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
If you jack it up can you detect any play in the suspension?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I've not had chance to get it jacked up and play with the suspension but I will get on it and let you know what I find. Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Also, if it has non-standard wheels or tyres look closely for signs of the tyre catching on the body or chassis rail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts