Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 1998 Jimny with a G13bb engine,

My issue is that its very slow to build revs from idle and there is not enough power to pull away,

I've have checked,
fuel tank
fuel pump
fuel filter
fuel lines
air filter
plugs, leads and coils
exhaust for blockage
vacum hoses for leaks
throttle position sensor
ecu for error codes using paper clip method, returned error 12 which I believe is no error on monitored circuits

My next step is to check the map sensor however the only way in which I can do so is to buy a replacement at around $300, a deterrent in it self considering it may not fix the problem.

Any thoughts or similar issues would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Tom

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not really familiar with your motor but have you checked your timming advance device is it vacume or ?....

Sounds like it's not moving or timming isn't set properly.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike for your reply,

I think it is vacuum, if it is the component I'm thinking of, it has a vacuum feed from the inlet manifold via a one-way valve (working) and has two electrical connectors and two vacuum pipes feeding into what appears to be brake lines (I can post photos to clarify) running to the front brake callipers. (Maybe an engine cutoff system in the event of an accident or brake system failure)

Im not sure how to test this component as the service manual I purchased was for an M13 engined Jimny. However I will make some inquiry over night.

Thanks for a point in the right direction. I will keep you posted.

Cheers
Tom

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi all
I have a 1998 Jimny with a G13bb engine,
My next step is to check the map sensor however the only way in which I can do so is to buy a replacement at around $300, a deterrent in it self considering it may not fix the problem.
Any thoughts or similar issues would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Tom

You can check the MAP sensor with a voltmeter or with one of my scan tools:

RhinoPower Ltd

The Jimny FSM can be downloaded on my personal site here:

http://www.rhinoman.org

Timing advance is controlled by the ECU. If the MAP sensor checks out OK then I would check that the cat hasn't collapsed in on itself.

The vacuum lines operate the Free Wheeling Hubs which activate automatically when 4wd is selected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rhinoman

I will be in touch tomorrow to purchase one of your scan tools.

Thanks guys you have been a huge help, still laughing at my self regarding the free wheeling hubs.

Cheers
Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All

it turns out it was the gear that drives the timing belt was slipping round on the crankshaft due to a worn keyway.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts