Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hie guy I'm fairly new to the Suzuki jimny, I'm rebuilding a 1985 Suzuki jimny JX and I am looking for a crankshaft for the G12A 1.3 liter on it.

·
Super Moderator
15,719 Posts
That would be a G13 crankshaft, and you need to confirm which engine is in it - the G13A or one of the G13B variants - either find the engine number on the edge of the block alongside the bellhousing - or look for the capacity marking (1298cc or 1326cc)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is what's written on the engine block, and it differs from the information plate inside the car

·
Super Moderator
15,719 Posts
What that reveals is that is not the original engine - a G16a has been swapped in at some point - so assuming that you do need a crankshaft, you'll be needing one for a G16a. G16 swaps into the Samurai are very common, to the point where several vendors offer kits to do it.

Why do you think you need to replace the crankshaft?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the car from an old neighbor who had it parked for years didn't know what was wrong with it. So as part of the rebuild i took the engine parts to the machine shop and thats where they said the shaft had been ground to the max and i need a new one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The above picture is a crankshaft i found on alibaba for the G16A and the bottom one is the one that was on the engine. I'm looking to buy one and i can't seem to find the exact one

·
Super Moderator
15,719 Posts
Google part number #12221-71C00 - whilst I don't guarantee that is the correct part for your engine, that is the part number for the crankshaft used on the G16 engines in the US Sidekick & Vitara from 1991~2003, the 1989 & 1990 engines used a different crankshaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts