Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the usual fuel consumption for these beasts. getting 32mpg (UK), or 7 lpg if you are in Europe. Sorry not sure what that equates to in US gallons.

Is this normal??

Who has the most fuel friendly jimny, and why??

Discuss.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
I a little more than two months that my girlfriend has owned the Jimny the worst fuel consumption was 27.8 MPG (UK) I was driving. The best 43.6 MPG, she was driving and the average is 31.7mpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I hope you treasure your girlfriend. She is 30% more cost effective than my good wife. Our average is the same on a car that is a few months old. Anyone see their consumption improve as the car frees up after a few thousand KM??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I think my wife needs to wear slippers when she is driving the Jimny!!

I will be confiscating her Army surplus boots!!

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by pjneilson1@Oct 20 2004, 11:43 AM
What is the usual fuel consumption for these beasts. getting 32mpg (UK), or 7 lpg if you are in Europe. Sorry not sure what that equates to in US gallons.

Is this normal??

Who has the most fuel friendly jimny, and why??

Discuss.

Paul
Well As I am in Europe I have translated ur 32mpg to 32m (*1.609 km/p) per 1g(3.786lt)= 13.60 km/lt = 7.5lt per 100km ...which sound what the manufacturer promises and less. So it seems fine to me. My new 1.6lt 16Valve Vitara engine IN my old jimny gives 10.5 -11.5 lt /100 km !!!! (=22 - 20mpg !!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been measuring the fuel consumption and it ranged from 30Mpg when doing a 15 mile commute in dense traffic but no traffic jams, to 33.9mpg driving 60mph on the motorway from wales. The car has done 50k, and it has slightly more agressive tyres than stock. It did 35mpg commuting when new. I think the tyres have a much greater rolling resistance which increases the fuel consumption.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear all,

I'm new here, from Indonesia. No Samurai here, there's only LJ30, Sierra, SJ400, SJ410 and Katana (SJ410 series 6), which has only 970cc. (Katana means short samurai, which has narrower body than Samurai).

I have the '93 4x4 Katana. Both the 4x4 or 4x2 version has typical 14.5 - 15 km/l at 60km/h with stock tyre 205 70R15. I have tried the Bridgestone's Dueler AT 235 70R15 (outer diameter 69cm), and my mileage falls to only 9.9 km/l.

Now I am trying to find what tyre should I use so I can get 12-13 km/l with tyre width at least 20.5cm and heght not less than 68cm. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Regards.

Yusmin
([email protected])

1 - 14 of 14 Posts