Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls!
I'm an ecuadorian owner of a 2004 Jimny, very normal very standard, but very busy up here in the Andes.
I'd like to say hello and also tell that i speak spanish or italian, as well.
I have noticed yesterday a strange vibration on the front drive train, vibration i thought was related with not balanced wheels (tires), so i rotated them, aligned the car and of course balance the Michelin tires.
The surprise is that the vibration is still on the drive train, i feel it ar :crying: ound 60 Km/h and makes a HUUUGE vibration in all the car!
I'll appreciate the suggestions and comments, in order to fix it asap.
Regards from the middle of the world.
Bluemondo

·
Registered
3 Posts
bueno amigo
coteje una pieza en forma de U funciona como agarradera esta mantiene el "caldan" en su lugar (en pr le llamamos caldan a la pieza cilindrica largo que sale de la transmicion y conecta con el diferencial) si esa pieza se rompe el caldan que va girando azota con la carroceria del vehiculo pero es posible q sea el resonsable de su vibracion... nada pierde con verificar suerte!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Ecuador
I have the same problem. The car shakes through the steering wheel at 60 kph + and people outside point to the tires shaking. This is a car from work and in our garage they are going to try and change the steering bar. I will let you know...

·
Registered
11 Posts
that happened to me as well. when i had it checked, busted rear tie-rod ends. it is a good thing that i wasn't on a high speed. my jimny is just almost a year old so, the warranty still applies. they changed my tie-rod end and stabilizer knot as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[attachmentid=1084]Amigo,el mismo problema lo tuve en mi jimny.
La solución definitiva a ese problema, el menos en mi caso, fue cambiar aros y llantas. Coloqué llantas Hankook Dinamics MT, 215x75x15 y aros de 7 pulgas, esa fue la solución al problema de vibración a los 60 o 70 KM/h.
saludosundefined

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only way to solve the problem is to put a steering damper. This will help in stopping the steering from going full left or right which leads to stress on the tie rod end which will cause the shuddering at speed.

If you just replace it with new tie rods, it will solve the problem temporarily and will come back in a year or so because the stress of steering full left or right is not being addressed.

If you look at the suspension it is pretty much similar to the old willys jeep and our regular jeepneys. And many of these jeeps and jeepneys solved the problem of shuddering and vibration is by putting a steering damper.

Unlike the Pajero 1 which is like the jimny too, Mitsubishi was wise enough to put a center post to control the steering. They also put a stopper at the backing plate to prevent the steering from going full left or right. This does not stress the tie rod end as it does in the jimny.

Just had mine done and I noticed an improvement in the steering. Shuddering and vibration at speed went away. And there is a general solid feel in the front suspension specially in bad road condition.

I was also able to locate suzuki tie rod ends with grease fittings which I find more durable than those without fittings. I also changed the tie rod bar to adapt the steering damper as the clamp type (as advertised in 4x4 shops) will have a tendency to slide even if fully tightened.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts