Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on these forums. I have recently purchased a new Jimny here in New Zealand. I am unsure of spec differences between countries but it has the 1328cc VVT engine.

When I took it into the dealer for its first service (1 000km) I was surprised to learn that it was solely a "safety inspection" and that the engine oil and filter would not be changed until 15 000km. This flew in the face of everything I have ever learned about running in new motors. In particular, that you should change the "first fill" oil and filter reasonably early to rid the motor of the inevitable detritus that is found inside a brand new motor.

I was informed that Suzuki fills the engines with a "special" oil in the factory and this must NOT be drained before 15 000km (the dealer's emphasis). Interestingly, they couldn't tell me what was so special about the "special" oil.

Can anyone tell me more about this?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I was informed that Suzuki fills the engines with a "special" oil in the factory and this must NOT be drained before 15 000km (the dealer's emphasis). Interestingly, they couldn't tell me what was so special about the "special" oil.

Can anyone tell me more about this?
That's funny...
When i brought my 2008 GV in for it's first service at 7500 miles, they sclded me for not changing the oil at 3500... the manual said I could wait and do it at 7500 mile intervals but the dealership said that I lived in an 'EXTREME CONITIONS AREA'!?!?! And that meant every 3500 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts