Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1991 Suzuki jimny turbo with an f6a single cam. I just fixed the headgasket yesterday after it sat for almost a year and I drove it and around the block a few times and let it idle for a bit without issue. I went to go take it to the car wash and it died on me all of a sudden. I had to let it sit overnight along the road. This morning I put 1 gallon of gas in it thinking my gas gauge was inaccurate and it did cough back to life but wouldn't stay running. I came back 4 hours later and filled it all the way up. It started back up with hesitation but after holding it at 3500rpm for 30 seconds and verified that it idled, I drove it home and it was perfectly fine except it died again when I went to coast into my driveway. Now it won't start again. Only thing I can think of is that it has a gummed up fuel system or an ECU issue. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Hi, I have a 1991 Suzuki jimny turbo with an f6a single cam. Only thing I can think of is that it has a gummed up fuel system or an ECU issue. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
Rather than sit and just think,
  • connect a fuel gauge and check the rest and running pressure..and flow..
If that is withing spec, we shall investigate further..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have figured it out. Turns out I didn't tighten the fuel injector ground bolt backed out and that's why I kept losing fuel. Thanks for the quick reply and maybe this will help someone else down the line. Appreciate it though!! 👍

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Great that you have fixed the issue, stay safe..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts