Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2001 1.3 jimny engine light is on.How do i read fault codes do i need a reader and if so is it eobd2?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
It depends on your location, Jimnys in the EU are OBD2 from 2001. To find out for sure you need to check the diagnostic socket to see which pins are populated. OBD1 is on pin 9, OBD2 is on pin 7, if you have both pins populated then pin 7 is OBD2 and pin 9 is the OBD1 link for the immobiliser.

Serial Data Link

OBD1 fault codes can be read using a wire link in the diagnostic plug behind the glove box or by a scan tool in the diagnostic plug under the dashboard. OBD2 requires a scan tool, EOBD is effectively the same as OBD2 but includes the KWP2000 protocol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got it csanned

thanks for your help.I had disconnected the battery and the light stayed off.got it scanned free at agricultural college where wife works, its obd2 and showed no faults.think i will buy a scanner though any recomendations? please.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Have a look on bigjimny.com and see what scanners other are using. I don't personally recommend any scan tools as there are too many compatibility problems with Suzukis and OBD2 scan tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts