Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm trying to find s camshaft for my jimny it's a 1.3 gbb single cam 16 valve does anyone know where I find one many thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Please post location. Are you looking for a stock camshaft? what is wrong with your existing cam?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please post location. Are you looking for a stock camshaft? what is wrong with your existing cam?
Hi mate, I'm from dewsbury but I don't mind having to travel. The one I've got the gournals 1 and 2 have seized in the head and are really badly scoured (they've got bad grooves in them). I don't mind stock or performance just to get it running.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi mate, I'm from dewsbury but I don't mind having to travel. The one I've got the gournals 1 and 2 have seized in the head and are really badly scoured (they've got bad grooves in them). I don't mind stock or performance just to get it running.
There is a place in Farnborough in Kent that may be able to recon your old cam, you'll have to google for them, I think its Newman cams, they do a postal service. Do you know why they seized?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a place in Farnborough in Kent that may be able to recon your old cam, you'll have to google for them, I think its Newman cams, they do a postal service. Do you know why they seized?
Thanks for that mate, I appreciate it. The cam was like that when I got it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Thanks for that mate, I appreciate it. The cam was like that when I got it.
Are there any signs that the head gasket has been replaced? its not uncommon for the gasket to be put on the wrong way round which blocks off an oil way and causes the cam to seize.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it cheap cos it had a bad knocking when warm so I took the lump out stripped it down and found the head and cam where scored really
bad I rebuilt the bottom end got a
engine out a carry but didn't realise the cams were different

1 - 8 of 8 Posts