Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jimny questions

Anyone here have a Jimny with an automatic gearbox?

I'm wondering how it performes, both on and off road and in cold weather. I'm not looking for a sports car that can outrun the cops, but since most of my driving is situated in between red lights within the city, a bit of oomph isn't too bad ;)

And, regardless of transmission, how does it handle in slippery conditions? It has a rather narrow wheelbase, is it prone to making 180° turns on it's own, with the 4WD engaged?

Another question, I test drove a used manual 'box Jimny about two months ago and the clutch was very, very stiff. I'm talking more stiff than the clutch of a rusty Massey Ferguson tractor. Is that normal, or has driving the Yaris for three years turned me into a wimp? :haha:

EDIT:
Yet another question:
After looking at some threads here I notice a lot of people seem to have problems with the steering wheel shuddering. Is this common in the Jimny? If so, the Jimny sounds kind of unsafe :huh:

Oh.. one more question.. Am I over thinking stuff when I should be out buying a Jimny? :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Jimnys do have the shuddering problem while driving due to its front axle as rigid axle design and its light weight. However, this can be avoided with steering shock absorber.

My beloved Jimny is a auto too, though I am not too satisfasfied with its performance. But I suggest while you make a 180 degree U turn, do not engage your 4WD system unless you are sure the surface of the road is muddy/slippery in order to protect your power ouput box.

hope this helps.

Wilson

1 - 2 of 2 Posts