Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get the specs for alternator and compressor belts for 2002 Suzuki Jimny. Manual transmission. One broke and it took the other with it. (I think) They both wound up somewhere on highway so I have nothing to refer to. The manual I have is of no help and neither is the local dealer here in Panama. Any resource would be appreciated.

·
Registered
686 Posts
With no other reference you may have to measure the belts route around the pulleys to gain an idea of how long each belt is, aftermarket belts have part numbers that include the length and width. If it is a serpentine belt (I assume it is because its a 2002) then count the ribs so you know the width. This is pretty easy but still easier if someone has an actual part number.

Once you have done this any parts guy worth talking to should be able to pull one off the hook for you. Before you install the belt just make sure your alt, water pump, AC, idler bearings et al. are all tight and free spinning. A failed bearing or seized component can cause a belt to do this.

Good luck
Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts