Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I bought a new 2009 auto suzuki jimny sierra for a runabout not for the 4wd feature. Today i was curious about the buttons which says 2wd, 4wd and theres one other i forget. I pressed the 4wd button before i got out of the car to see what would light up and nothing lit up, i pressed the 2wd button and nothing lit up or pushed in. Just wondering if there is a light or something to alert me that the car is in 4wd or not?:huh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
where did you look for the light?? inside or outside the car??
because you said you got outside to see if anything would light up. just want to clarify things.
i think a green indicator would light up in the dash when your 4x4 is engaged but 2x4 no lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jimny 4WD/2WD buttons

There are 2 rules to remember.
1. You can change from 2WD to 4WD high range (Middle button on dash) on the move. You get the vehicle in straight line below 100km/h then push and hold the button. Keep the button pushed until you see a green indicator light appear in the lower middle warning light cluster. To go back to 2WD you repeat the process but push the 2WD button.

2. To engage 4WD low range you bring the vehicle to a standstill and push the right hand dash button and watch for the amber warning light to come alive. To disengage, stop select the new range you want and off you go.

As long as you remember the above you are in for blast.;);)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, yeah i figured it out by holding the button in, i was just pressing it briefly and no icon was showing up.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts