Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - My 1999 Jimny JXL had an intermittent problem with the tail/dash fuse blowing. Last service my Suzuki dealer checked it out but couldn’t find a problem. They also unplugged and put back in the central locking as the lights hadn’t flashed for a couple of years when using the remote to lock/unlock doors.

Lights are now flashing again and fuse hasn’t blown since the service, but new problem now with the central door locking activating shut when you start driving or if stopped after taking keys out of ignition – very frustrating.

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
I havent a clue what your problem is. But I suggest that you look in the Jimny Service Manual that I had at my website. Maybe, maybe you'll find an answer there.

God luck and tell us how it develops.

.. Boris
jimny.se

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I did download the manual - many thanks for putting this on the web.

With some detective work, I finally worked out that there was a loose wire where the pin had partially come out of the plastic adapter that plugged into the ECM or imobiliser unit (couldn't work out which one it was - it was a large flat rectangular box). So when the mechanic unplugged the adapter and put it back in, they failed to see this wire was loose!

One other point I did notice, was the earth wire from this box had been wrapped and tied off around the wires that plugged into the unit. Is this earth not required?

Thanks

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts