Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first diesel that I have owned that I have not taken out the EGR within weeks (maybe because it is so new) those of us who 'know' know that EGRs do nothing really and are just a sop to the greenies!!, they clog quickly and reduce engine performance. So does anyone have experience blocking off their Jimny's EGR? does it put up a light on the dash??? I don,t want to take it out, just block it with a plate, as I have done with all my other EGR diesels. I just need to know if the system is so sensitive that it will give a warning that will need to be re-set......oooer I just realised, maybe I should also be asking on renault forums..as it is after all a Renault 1.5 from a Clio!! but any help here will surely be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I just this afternoon got round to the follow up: I took off the exhaust section of the EGR found a gasket held with 4 10mm screw bolts. I made up a flat plate in steel to replace the gasket fitted it, bolts all back together. One hour job going slow, it works....no light on the dash and EGR effectively blocked. Now I did try to just disconnect the EGR, no go...it puts up the Glow Plug light permanently, so you have to fox it and let it think it is working. I have previously done this with earlier (Non PD) VWs and Audi TDIs and Rover Diesels with no need for a plate, just disconnect and the EGR stops working. This one does need the plate and re-connect the EGR electricals....ECU fooled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts