Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have heard about guys adapting jeep rear fender flares to fit on a samurai, i need a set of flares for my sami but the ones on the market are a little pricey, does anyone know what model of jeep fender flares to use and also what configuration to buy (meaning left and right combination of flares)

Thanks and Greetings from Antigua

·
Registered
105 Posts
i dont know wot model of jeep but id say off a wrangler and you use the rear flares only of the jeep all the way around the zuk you just chop them to fit on the front end. im looking at doing the same thing

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The rounded CJ flares will fit with a little work, but so will a set of Wrangler flares. It depends on your talents and local availability. Around here, anything that has ever touched a Jeep is treated like gold. They want an arm and a leg for their castoffs. And most, if they know you want to put them on a Zook, won't sell them to you without really diggin you for a profit.

It's like they hold a grudge...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
JC whitney has some rubber flares that worked great on mine it is about 120.00 for all four and the screws you can look at my garage to see what they look like. The bottom pic gives the best view they are 4-1/2" wide and mount to the bottom edge of the fender. I went in and cut that flange off on Lil Marg and bent and Pop ribited a piece of 3/4" x 3/4" x1/8" angle on there because my flanges were pretty rusty. They seem to be holding up pretty good the rubber is about 1/4" thick with a 3/8" bead on the outer edge. Extensions, 1-pair SKU #:
1JA 017683

·
Registered
300 Posts
The rounded CJ flares will fit with a little work, but so will a set of Wrangler flares. It depends on your talents and local availability. Around here, anything that has ever touched a Jeep is treated like gold. They want an arm and a leg for their castoffs. And most, if they know you want to put them on a Zook, won't sell them to you without really diggin you for a profit.

It's like they hold a grudge...
sounds like utah...lol

If you take a specific flare and have enough room, you can always trim your fender to match the flare. I have a 4 door kick I want to try that with, but I need to find a flare that is close to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts