Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is my post at the Samurai site:

J24B adaptation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi everybody!
Ive not been reading the forum for a while. However my sammy project has taken a turn. I recently purchased a 2012 Kizashe J24B engine. Im presently looking for an adaptor to my Tracker trans (manual).
It was an unfortunate surprise when I found that they had changed the "J" series motor bell housing.
Ive seached the electronic waves to find an inline application, such as a pickup or service vehicle, to no avail. All are cross mounts which equals to intregal units.
Any ideas besides ash canning the project?
Keep in mind Im trying to conform to CA's smaug concept.

Game on Citizendan

The possibility of obtaining an inline bellhousing for this motor will greatly enhance the projects speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes
I knew that it was. However, after checking the specs of the late model XL7 Im afraid I have assumed the Grand Vitara was cross mount also. I must be in error which actually makes me happy and relieved.... strange.
Thanks for the correction murcod.
Game on citizendan

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Definitely still the old school "north- south" engine in the Grand Vitara - I guess you can thank Suzuki being so slow with model updates for that! :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts