Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a grand vitara 06 with a j20a that's overheating. I have changed waterpump, thermostat and radiator andre it still overheating.it does not get hot at idle but when I drive. Does anyone have knowledge of this?馃ゴ

Super Moderator
How have you determined it is "overheating"? What is your definition of "overheating"? Does it boil over? Does the temperature gauge go into the red zone? What type of driving causes it to overheat?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, it go in to red and I watch on my OBD and the temperature going up to 120掳c.
mostly normal driving, but especially at low rpm.

Super Moderator
What do you consider normal driving? Is it the same as what I consider normal driving? Do you have any idea of what I consider normal driving? Do I normally drive in the city or on the highway? Am I in a city with steep hills or are the streets flat? Do I spend my time in bumper-to-bumper traffic crawling along at 30km/h or am I moving freely at 80 km/h?

The point here is that you don't have a clue as to what I consider normal driving, and likewise I have no clue what you consider normal - we are not there to see what is happening, you need to provide the details.

Low RPM operation could mean any number of things - I could be in top gear rolling at a reasonable pace on a flat surface - or - I could be in the wrong gear up a hill in the wrong gear - too very different scenarios when it comes to a) heat output from the engine and b) forced air flow from forward motion. How low is low? What do you consider low rpm? Suzuki engines as a general rule are high revving units and produce power relatively high in the rev band

Details make a difference.

Do you hear the fans turn on when the engine overheats? What transmission does the vehicle have? Are you running the air conditioner?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Of course you do not know what my normal driving is. Sorry aboute that.
I drive mostly on flat roads,at around 60-70 km / h then the rpm is around 2000-2500.
It gets worse if it's a little uphill, but it does not have to be steep. It seems that when it gets resistance.
When I used my OBD the fans turned on at around 103 掳 c.
I have a manual gearbox, the air conditioner is on but I think the gas is empty because it does not blow cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts