Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An appropriate quote from the film Armageddon:D

I scratched the plastic on the back of the centre console just to the rear of the seat belt clip so I thought I'd try to make it good but, like a few times in the past, I made it worse. I never learn:blush: So now I have a grey patch about the size of two fifty pence pieces. Fortunately it is hidden by the seat - well sort of!:eek: Depends where the seat is. ;) But I know it is there.:mad:
Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use to get it back to black.

I have tried:
Back to Black,
liquid shoe polish,
black scratch remover (this is what made the problem worse!).

It would help if I had a solution because the peeps getting in and out of the passenger seat always end up scratching the plastic at the bottom of the door frame with their stiletto heels..:mad::mad:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
First thing, don't put anything on the scuff marks. NEVER use shoe polish, it will make it worse and coats everything with an oily residue that will actually attack the plastic over time.

go buy some Wurth Interior cleaner https://www.amazon.in/Wuerth-Interior-Cleaner-Spray-500ml/dp/B01ELHXN9W

clean using interior cleaner as per instructions and a soft cloth. 99% of the scratches will magically disappear and as long they are not deep grooved scratches, you will never see them.

if you have tried back to black, good luck. Time for a sand with 1400 grit or finer paper and a restorer block, and it will never look original again. Plenty of youtube vids on this procedure.

you can try this, but use on an inconspicuous place first to check

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Simoniz-SAPP0075A-Dash-Restorer-Pad/dp/B00VRJPKV2

or this, i use this and its not too bad
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G15812EU-Ultimate-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B0044090GC/ref=pd_sbs_263_4/258-0518342-8246947?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0044090GC&pd_rd_r=c8f552b7-2e5e-4e1e-a73f-8fcdf8371caf&pd_rd_w=CWkIG&pd_rd_wg=oP0mj&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=7XKSRXP359EG6818SMMX&psc=1&refRID=7XKSRXP359EG6818SMMX

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you have tried back to black, good luck. .
Oh dear, sounds ominous.:eek:
I might take a pic later for the world to see.:lol::lol:
Researching the suggestions now, thanks.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Looked at this one and it just seems like a cleaner.:huh:
its a cleaner and restorer, don't know whats in it, but it restores faded and scuffed plastics. I have used it but have better luck with the Meguiars stuff in the second link.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a cleaner and restorer, don't know whats in it, but it restores faded and scuffed plastics. I have used it but have better luck with the Meguiars stuff in the second link.
I am tempted to spray black paint on to a cotton wool ball and dab it over the scar.;)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I am tempted to spray black paint on to a cotton wool ball and dab it over the scar.;)
RUFF RUFF....oops, that might have been the dog....

what have you got to lose, just try it on an inconspicuous area to confirm the finish match, satin or gloss?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what have you got to lose, just try it on an inconspicuous area to confirm the finish match, satin or gloss?
Hehe, it's an inconspicuous spot anyway.
Nowt to lose as I mucked it up already.:lol::lol:
It is a satin/gloss mix.:huh:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Full respray with paint that does not conflict with current coating (fry-up)!

Or get a new one!

Or get a cool sticker from your local Merchanising rep from your favourite drink manufacturer and cover it over!

Sorry I can't be of much better help.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
get a cool sticker from your local Merchandising rep from your favourite drink manufacturer and cover it over!
I actually thought of covering it with an air bag warning sticker.;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
People paint their interiors all the time. I have looked at lots of cars with painted interiors. I would probably try a little touch-up paint myself. At least in the same shade it would look better than the obvious scratch mark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts