Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after junior rolled the sammy I wasn't too sure what we would do with it. I followed the advice of some here to get a big ****** hammer and go at it. That plus a floor jack and it is good to go. Has a few battle scars on it now but it was never meant to look pretty.

Next week our roll cage should arrive. Then it will be back on the trails again.

Before and today photo... Plus the wind today. Cold and fast!

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what cage are you getting ??
I need to do one but can't decide if I should go exo or interior.....
I decided to go with the DaveSport cage. (Davesport, LLC -- Welcome) Both RockyRoad and another Suzuki place (I forgot name) sell the DaveSport cage. Rocky Road had the best price so I went with them.

Exterior cages are cool for extreme use but I didn't want something that would stand out so much around town. Plus, our bodywork is already dented up from the first roll over.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I decided to go with the DaveSport cage. (Davesport, LLC -- Welcome) Both RockyRoad and another Suzuki place (I forgot name) sell the DaveSport cage. Rocky Road had the best price so I went with them.

Exterior cages are cool for extreme use but I didn't want something that would stand out so much around town. Plus, our bodywork is already dented up from the first roll over.
I've seen that on on the Low Range sebsite...
Is it a full cage that covers the front seats or does it cover the rear seats as well.
My concern was how to weld it up inside the tintop and keep it tight to the sides/top but without cutting holes in the floor to drop it down... It would be great to see an install thread if you can.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The description is "Full cage for hard-top Samurai, DOM" so I'm guessing it protects the back too. However, I haven't seen any photos of it so I can't say for sure.

I'll take some photos to post here when it arrives. I'm hoping my tin top is fairly square after the roll over. If not, its hammer and jack time again to make it fit!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The description is "Full cage for hard-top Samurai, DOM" so I'm guessing it protects the back too. However, I haven't seen any photos of it so I can't say for sure.

I'll take some photos to post here when it arrives. I'm hoping my tin top is fairly square after the roll over. If not, its hammer and jack time again to make it fit!
Pics would be great. From the pic I have seen on the Low Range website it looks like an A-hoop, B-hoop, and then it ends into a set of kickers that run down towards the fenders. It doesn't look like it runs along the top inside to a C-hoop.
Please keep us updated.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/catalog/product/gallery/id/91/image/197/

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed same pic. Will see what arrives in the mail, hopefully this week. Leaving Saturday for some off road fun and hoping to have time to weld it in by Saturday.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics would be great. From the pic I have seen on the Low Range website it looks like an A-hoop, B-hoop, and then it ends into a set of kickers that run down towards the fenders. It doesn't look like it runs along the top inside to a C-hoop.
Please keep us updated.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/catalog/product/gallery/id/91/image/197/

Here is a link to info on the roll cage... Will post some more pics later. So far I have it tack welded in place.
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-jimny-sierra-samurai-forum/37737-my-tin-top-roll-cage-rock.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts