Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think so but I will need to check my early 2019 expenses if I paid for flat tyre, how is that relevant please
What do you mean you think so having a flat tyre is not an everyday occurance and having to check your early 2019 expenses is a very strange thing to say In fact everything about this story is odd You keep giving only parts of answers . What are the names of the dealers concerned ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What do you mean you think so having a flat tyre is not an everyday occurance and having to check your early 2019 expenses is a very strange thing to say In fact everything about this story is odd You keep giving only parts of answers . What are the names of the dealers concerned ?
I am not sure how many expenses which are more than 2 years old you remember by heart. I had a puncture and the road side assistance had fixed it temporarily for 100 miles of driving. what parts of the story is odd please be specific!!! and I am happy to clarify. There are three dealers involved here - Brighton Suzuki from where I purchased the new vehicle, now they are closed, WJKing in Bromley and Suzuki dealer in Ebbsfleet. The dealers have been consulting the Suzuki technical team regularly. I know this because I have been complaining to the customer services team and they are then speaking to the dealers. It seems the error codes are not generated/saved so they are enable to identify the root cause most of the time. If they are able to replicate the issue live with the machine connected, then only they can identify what is the issue is. Replicating an intermittent issue is difficult and especially if the system is not designed to retain even one day old error codes. So I think this is poor error handling on Suzuki's part.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,517 Posts
Under normal conditions when a MIL is trigger, Freeze frame DATA is recorder, along with history codes..
The only way those data series will be erased before a techs connect with a scanner is if the KA power is removed..

Hence the first order of business would be to confirm that the KAM power is not disturbed..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Under normal conditions when a MIL is trigger, Freeze frame DATA is recorder, along with history codes..
The only way those data series will be erased before a techs connect with a scanner is if the KA power is removed..

Hence the first order of business would be to confirm that the KAM power is not disturbed..
I am hoping the Suzuki dealer and technicians should be knowing this

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just to be clear about the question of flat tyres and the effect on the ABS and traction control, a flatbtyre affects the rolling circumference of the wheel so it rotates faster than its counterpart on the same axle. So did you have a flat or not ? What did you do to sort it out ?

Am I also correct in thinking that you previously stated that you didn’t run the car in 2020 due to the pandemic ? Did you at least start it regularly or put the battery on charge ? I’m trying to establish how you maintained the car during that period.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just to be clear about the question of flat tyres and the effect on the ABS and traction control, a flatbtyre affects the rolling circumference of the wheel so it rotates faster than its counterpart on the same axle. So did you have a flat or not ? What did you do to sort it out ?

Am I also correct in thinking that you previously stated that you didn’t run the car in 2020 due to the pandemic ? Did you at least start it regularly or put the battery on charge ? I’m trying to establish how you maintained the car during that period.
yes I had a flat tyre, got road side assistance to temporarily fix and then I got the puncture repaired .

yes was starting it regularly, didn't run out of battery during pandemic

·
Registered
29 Posts
You said you only think so and you would have to check your records Thats what I mean every answer you give is vague and never is to the point You now say you had to have the road side assistance out but only when aked . Its like extracting teeth getting any information out of you .

·
Registered
29 Posts
You say you have videos and pictures of these lights comming on so you would have shown them to the dealers If all this is as documented as you say go and see a solicitor No one on this forum can tell you what they will say but if you reported all these problems from the start and they are still not resolved go and get advice

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is what you said Then I started taking pictures and videos If that is the case then you have the proof so it does not matter whether they can find the error codes or not If they cant fix it then you should get your money back or a new car The problem is that of course whilst having the car you have made use of it so its not like you have not been able to drive it How many miles have you put on it since getting it ? And how long in total has it been off the road at the dealers ?

·
Registered
523 Posts

What on earth are KA power and KAM power in layman’s terms ? I’ve got 12 volt battery power courtesy of the heavy black box under the bonnet, a USB socket to keep my phone charged, and what used to be known as the *** lighter that runs my dashcam. ;)

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
F a g will get censored.....

KA & KAM are keep alive and keep alive memory,

Think of it as the same as the battery backup in your alarm clock, that fails and there's a power cut, you lose the clock settings.
If those are missing every time you turn the key off,the ecm will reset. The big black power supply will work for ages, but only if the power gets to the keep alive terminals on the modules.
These supplies are what stores any pending or active codes, freeze frame data and the fuel trims, idle settings, steering angle sensor settings etc that you dont even think about.

Reactions: BarnsleyRob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Some photos from the past couple of months, some are not very clear as they were taken by the person sitting next to me

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hopefully this will help someone on this site to work out what the problem is I still maintain you should see a solicitor to find out what you can do How many miles have you done in this car ? Cancel that I can see that you have done 39000 miles How old is the car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This is what you said Then I started taking pictures and videos If that is the case then you have the proof so it does not matter whether they can find the error codes or not If they cant fix it then you should get your money back or a new car The problem is that of course whilst having the car you have made use of it so its not like you have not been able to drive it How many miles have you put on it since getting it ? And how long in total has it been off the road at the dealers ?
proof was shared, and they replaced the control module saying that should fix it but it didn't.This has happened thrice as the problem reappears. I have made good use of it 40k miles in 3 years , its been in the garage for 6 weeks , 5 of which has been in the last two months. Since it has clocked 3 yrs I don't think I have the option of getting the money back or car replacement. Have discussed with the customer services for weeks but haven't agreed. Have share the photos in a separate messaged above

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thats the reason I asked the mileage as these issues have not stopped you using the car and clearly has not effected its ability to drive But saying all that It would effect the value if you were to sell it now No there is no way you would get a new car at best you would get its value today for its condition and not having these faults Now the crux of this is you need to get this sorted and again i say see a solicitor because this is a fault you have had from the start and Suzuki have tried and failed to sort the problem so I think you still have a case but only a solicitor can tell you that everyday you wait will make it harder for you to have any leverage With the greatest respect to others on this forum they can only give you opinions and that will not help you I wish you luck but please dont wait get all your paperwork dates etc together so your case will be clear to a lawyer

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,517 Posts
It is clear you have a MIL, hill hold, ESP.. all point to the ABS system, you need someone to diagnose the wheel speed sensors/circuit, not replacing the module..
Again the KEEP ALIVE MEMORY circuit is faulty if those codes are not stored..

Reactions: smahaja11

·
Registered
523 Posts
F a g will get censored.....

KA & KAM are keep alive and keep alive memory,

Think of it as the same as the battery backup in your alarm clock, that fails and there's a power cut, you lose the clock settings.
If those are missing every time you turn the key off,the ecm will reset. The big black power supply will work for ages, but only if the power gets to the keep alive terminals on the modules.
These supplies are what stores any pending or active codes, freeze frame data and the fuel trims, idle settings, steering angle sensor settings etc that you dont even think about.
Got you. I wasn’t familiar with the acronyms. Effectively they’re the equivalent of the PC BIOS that’s kept alive by a CR2032 battery, only in this case by the main battery. Interestingly, the earlier Mazda MX5 models sacrifice the clock settings before giving up the ECM module memory and that really helps tell you you’re about to have a problem.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts