Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My experience with 1litre automatic Vitara has been very painful. Had got it brand new from the showroom. There are multiple dashboard lights which keep returning for 3 years. The service company is not able to fix the issue after multiple tries and the customer service is pathetic. They just raise their hands saying we can't do anything , we don't know anything form this far, please speak to the service company. Repeated emails have gone in vain. The vehicle suddenly stopped twice on the highway in the middle of the road with the speedometer flickering up and down randomly.
I am regretting buying this vehicle as service company is not able to fix and the customer service is pathetic, if anyone can advice what to do that will be very helpful
Looks like Suzuki never again for me with this experience

Update 24/11
Had a few calls with head of customer services in the past two weeks. All they have to offer is to co-ordinate between the technical team and their dealership. The are replacing two parts. The are not able to do anything else. They are looking at a way to offer a goodwill, but not sure what they can offer. I request for a card replacement or a full refund but given the amount of time the car has been with me it is not covered as part of their policy. So basically I am left with the car on my own for now where it spends more time in the garage than being driven

·
Registered
523 Posts
My experience with 1litre automatic Vitara has been very painful. Had got it brand new from the showroom. There are multiple dashboard lights which keep returning for 3 years. The service company is not able to fix the issue after multiple tries and the customer service is pathetic. They just raise their hands saying we can't do anything , we don't know anything form this far, please speak to the service company. Repeated emails have gone in vain. The vehicle suddenly stopped twice on the highway in the middle of the road with the speedometer flickering up and down randomly.
I am regretting buying this vehicle as service company is not able to fix and the customer service is pathetic, if anyone can advice what to do that will be very helpful
Looks like Suzuki never again for me with this experience
Sadly this looks like a fake post. If you are genuinely in the UK you have strong consumer rights that would have let you reject this car from the get go. Bleating on here after 3 years is unlikely to resolve something you have obviously failed to address.

Reactions: Ticking_Fox

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why do you say that, what consumer rights are you talking about . When I first had the issue I had already contacted customer service and they said to get it fixed by dealership. Which happened only to return. If you can point me to the consumer rights I will check what else I can do in UK now . Initially I did not think that this is going to be an issue that they cannot resolve it for years. I have been in touch with them about the issue since it occurred .
For sure this is not a fake post, instead of helping you are thrashings me out. I know I have delayed it , but any direction now would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
why do you say that, what consumer rights are you talking about . When I first had the issue I had already contacted customer service and they said to get it fixed by dealership. Which happened only to return. If you can point me to the consumer rights I will check what else I can do in UK now . Initially I did not think that this is going to be an issue that they cannot resolve it for years. I have been in touch with them about the issue since it occurred .
For sure this is not a fake post, instead of helping you are thrashings me out. I know I have delayed it , but any direction now would be appreciated
If they are unable to fix it you can demand a replacement or a refund go see a solicitor and he will tell you what to do Your issue is firstly with the dealership who I assume you refer to as the service company Why have you not done done this sooner .

·
Registered
523 Posts
we may have mistakenly assumed that you bought this car from new in the UK and that it isn’t a Vitara that you bought abroad and imported into the UK afterwards.

Perhaps you could give us the history of the car and we may be able to help further.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we may have mistakenly assumed that you bought this car from new in the UK and that it isn’t a Vitara that you bought abroad and imported into the UK afterwards.

Perhaps you could give us the history of the car and we may be able to help further.
It was a brand new Vitara bought from Suzuki Dealership Brighton. I am the first and the only owner. its not imported and has neither been modified. My problem is with Suzuki as I had been contacting the cutter services repeatedly for the issue and they would keep referring me back to dealership. The dealership's response after service was not very encouraging. The issue is intermittent so if when I reach them and they can't see any of the washboard lights on I would be told that they can't find any error codes so can't do anything till they have seen the problem. Then I started taking pictures and videos , then COVID happened and car did not run for almost a year. Again from starting of the year the light kept coming and going , tried to get it fixed but no luck then suddenly the car stopped midway on the road. Since befginning fo September I am behind the dealership to fix the issue but so far they have fixed thrice only for me to go back in a few days . Customer services is washing off their hands but putting it all on the dealership that is repairing the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Time to go to suzuki UK head office and raise hell, go over everybody's head

·
Registered
523 Posts
Time to go to suzuki UK head office and raise hell, go over everybody's head
I’m guessing that’s who he is referring to when he mentions Customer Services. I’m not surprised that they initially referred him back to the dealer but for the OP to be oblivious to UK Consumer Protection beggars belief. At the very least, you’d think he’d take it to another dealer - there are several in the South of England. Now, 3 years down the line, it’s likely the OP is on his own.

At some point, we may be treated to further details of what warning lights come up on the dashboard!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m guessing that’s who he is referring to when he mentions Customer Services. I’m not surprised that they initially referred him back to the dealer but for the OP to be oblivious to UK Consumer Protection beggars belief. At the very least, you’d think he’d take it to another dealer - there are several in the South of England. Now, 3 years down the line, it’s likely the OP is on his own.

At some point, we may be treated to further details of what warning lights come up on the dashboard!
TSPS, ESP, yellow triangle with exclamation mark, engine light (once or twice) flickering RPM and speed dials

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

had taken it to two dealers, they will fix it only for it to reappear again. By the time you take it to them it will disappear and they will say we can't see any error codes. Then I started taking photos and videos. Have got the control module changed thrice since then, all covered in warranty so far. Every time I would think that it is gone for good but sadly that is not the case

I am not sure about Consumer Protection if I could have gone to them when Suzuki can easily claim that their dealer has looked into the issue

This time there is some pattern developing where since beginning of Sep till now the issues is reappearing quickly and the dealer is taking the car back. I have been told that the dealership is working with the Suzuki technical team but still they have not been able to solve the issue. The car is with them again for a few days

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am not sure about Consumer Protection if I could have gone to them when Suzuki can easily claim that their dealer has looked into the issue

This time there is some pattern developing where since beginning of Sep till now the issues is reappearing quickly and the dealer is taking the car back. I have been told that the dealership is working with the Suzuki technical team but still they have not been able to solve the issue. The car is with them again for a few days
The point of the consumer protection is that you only have to allow the dealer a chance to fix the defect (within the timescales set out in the article above) then, if the issue isn’t fully resolved, you have the right to reject the car and demand a refund. You don’t have to allow the dealer unlimited opportunities to fob you off.

However, after 6 months you need to prove the defect was present when you purchased the car which may be difficult given that 3 years have passed. To be honest, I wouldn’t have even considered owning the car last 3 months never mind 3 years.

Your contract is with the dealer you purchased the vehicle from in the first instance, not with Suzuki UK. It’s unlikely that SUZUKI UK will walk away from you but you need to try and get them onside with your argument.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The point of the consumer protection is that you only have to allow the dealer a chance to fix the defect (within the timescales set out in the article above) then, if the issue isn’t fully resolved, you have the right to reject the car and demand a refund. You don’t have to allow the dealer unlimited opportunities to fob you off.

However, after 6 months you need to prove the defect was present when you purchased the car which may be difficult given that 3 years have passed. To be honest, I wouldn’t have even considered owning the car last 3 months never mind 3 years.

Your contract is with the dealer you purchased the vehicle from in the first instance, not with Suzuki UK. It’s unlikely that SUZUKI UK will walk away from you but you need to try and get them onside with your argument.
thanks for your reply. The first issue occurred after 6 months , I did express my concern to the customer services but didn't ask for a refund or change of vehicle then. I did that last week but I guess its too late now
The dealer is far away from me as when I bought only he had it in stock, so have never gone back to the same dealership from where I purchased the car. Have been with two other dealerships since then for service and these issues repairs.
I have emails about the issue with eh customer services from last two plus years since the issue started

·
Registered
523 Posts
thanks for your reply. The first issue occurred after 6 months , I did express my concern to the customer services but didn't ask for a refund or change of vehicle then. I did that last week but I guess its too late now
The dealer is far away from me as when I bought only he had it in stock, so have never gone back to the same dealership from where I purchased the car. Have been with two other dealerships since then for service and these issues repairs.
I have emails about the issue with eh customer services from last two plus years since the issue started
In that case, I’d have a chat with a decent solicitor and take his advice.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It would throw up TPMS errors and affect the ESP and ABS systems. Your flickering RPM and dials could be down to alternator/battery problems due to the car standing for 12 months, particularly if it needed a jump start or battery charge/replacement and you didn’t do it correctly.

I‘d expect a dealer to be able to diagnose both of these faults but sometimes you have to tell them what happened as they over rely on a fitter with a laptop to do the work a mechanic used to do.

Reactions: smahaja11
1 - 20 of 44 Posts