Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car back and the mechanic after a service and he told me that under the rocker cover is full of sludge and my engine is likely to break down. He said it's the worst he's ever seen馃槺

He proceeded to try to convince me that it needed professionally cleaning and likely the timing chain will need doing because of the sludge. I said I'll think about it and left.

Being the curious type I decided to have a look myself. I haven't looked under the rocker cover on a car so didnt know what to expect, I don't think it looks too bad the car is a 2006 swift M15A engine with 100k miles. What's your thoughts? Am I being ripped off?

Super Moderator
It looks EXTREMELY good! :oops:

Someone is trying to rip you off is correct, unless you are trying to pull one over on US!.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It looks EXTREMELY good! :oops:

Someone is trying to rip you off is correct, unless you are trying to pull one over on US!.
Thanks, that's what I thought! Won't be going back to them again! I was a bit worried because inside the rocker cover is stained a golden yellow color but I'm guessing that is normal.

Registered
Thanks, that's what I thought! Won't be going back to them again! I was a bit worried because inside the rocker cover is stained a golden yellow color but I'm guessing that is normal.
That is exactly what we would like to see, also you have a multi link chain so there is little likelihood that that would wear. Keep up the oil changes with a good detergent oil and use a good filter..

Registered
what sludge where? thats a good looking clean engine cover, I like seeing them like that. Gold is good.
If the rest is like that, then I'd be a happy man. My M15 Swift looks just like that, Had the cover off a week ago for an annoying little oil leak, gasket had gone hard and it was weeping at the chain end. Mine looks exactly the same at 60,000 kms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts