Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... IS THERE!!!???

i was thinking if GM and Suzuki just did several things, they could definately make the reno and forenza "well functioning members of the automotive community"

1.) make it as powerfull as it competition, but more affordable-by doing this, you could produce a car that can compete in different racing circuts, but be less expensive.

2.) make upgrade parts MORE AVAILABLE-make them available...contact and coordinate with aftermarket producers and make these parts available. its cool that the moto guys are making these parts from scratch, but its time consuming. but hey, they see a little or no competion market with a high demand. good on ya

3.) make it appealing to the market- for kids and adults...make it look like its the shit! young kids with their raging hormones, high school rivalries, and trying to score some ass, if one person can make it look cool, everyone is gonna want one. for the older market, make it available with different options like 4WD, and maybe bigger sizing for more legroom and whatnot. better gas milage is a plus too.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
bigbadmarine06 said:
well... IS THERE!!!???
No. The car was primary ment to get the Suzuki name out there and have a car that did not have the quality history of the Aerio. And go after people wanting a cheap car that will get them from point A to point B with out things like 4WD.

1.) make it as powerfull as it competition, but more affordable-by doing this, you could produce a car that can compete in different racing circuts, but be less expensive.
If you read the comments in the article I linked to, someone said that Suzuki right now has the SX4 and the Reno going after basically the same market segment. And since Suzuki is bring over the Swift dropping the Reno will be logical, as the SX4 and the Swift will go after to different market segments.

2.) make upgrade parts MORE AVAILABLE-make them available...contact and coordinate with aftermarket producers and make these parts available. its cool that the moto guys are making these parts from scratch, but its time consuming. but hey, they see a little or no competion market with a high demand. good on ya
High demand? Look how many people here on this forum are requesting stuff and buying compare to people with the new Civic Si. We do not have the numbers to make it even worth while for Suzuki or GM to make parts for our car.

Suzuki does make parts for both the US and the Japanese SX4 and for the Swift. The Swift is a very popular car in the rest of the world to the point that it may be easier to get parts for it from other countries than it is for our car.

3.) make it appealing to the market- for kids and adults...make it look like its the shit! young kids with their raging hormones, high school rivalries, and trying to score some ass, if one person can make it look cool, everyone is gonna want one. for the older market, make it available with different options like 4WD, and maybe bigger sizing for more legroom and whatnot. better gas milage is a plus too.
You might as well said, make our car more like the SX4, because that is what your saying here.

bigbadmarine06 - I am not trying to knock your ideas, but there is no point in trying to save our car. It was nice while it lasted, but some cars are not ment for long lives.

·
Registered
127 Posts
...All the more incentive to keep yours mint and customizing it as the OEM stuff wears out or gets cancelled from parts catalogs...

You've owned it since mile 0 - keep it running 'till it's a classic!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Intruder said:
...All the more incentive to keep yours mint and customizing it as the OEM stuff wears out or gets cancelled from parts catalogs...

You've owned it since mile 0 - keep it running 'till it's a classic!
Thats true. Some people on the forum will push the car to its limits.

Once that happens Suzuki will probably already have halted production, which would make our cars a little more...i dunno..something.

I'd love to have a pimped out, "no-longer-in-production" Suzuki ReNo :)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Eddyisgreat said:
Thats true. Some people on the forum will push the car to its limits.

Once that happens Suzuki will probably already have halted production, which would make our cars a little more...i dunno..something.

I'd love to have a pimped out, "no-longer-in-production" Suzuki ReNo :)
Suzuki does not make our car, GM Daewoo does.

·
Registered
127 Posts
GM changes body styles and vehicle names on most commuter vehicles every 4-10 years anyway. Also I love how they delete certain vehicle names and reinstate them over and over. The Corvette has been their only constant.

Since the deal with Suzuki GM Daewoo has been producing quality products and enough of them to be sold and seen around the world, and will probably continue to do so for some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts