Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says i don't want to send it out and i don't care if it is tied to the cluster i just want to wire the ecu to run the motor is there anything out there like that? O and do you have to lift it to put the engine in? Some say yes some say no just looking for a diffenat answer. thank you sorry for posting this but i searched and searched and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fit

I am doing a 1.6 swap atm as well and from what i have read u do have to be lifted for the oil pan to clear. Mine is already lifted so i didn't read to much into it. I was looking at a site last night that had the wiring harness to turn it into tbi for 300 bucks but u did have to send yours off and i do believe u have to send it off for most places. My problem is i got my motor, alternator, starter, and swap kit on the way and noticed i do not have the water pump pulley any ideas on where to get one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can try and use your 1.3 oil pan but i believe it's an engine size difference along with drop mounts that get u...

·
Super Moderator
12,340 Posts
No personal experience, but as I understand it, the clearance issue is the shape of the oil pan and pickup - you can either lift the engine so that the pan clears the front differential or modify the 1.3 oil pickup and pan to fit the 1.6 - the details are on the web in many sites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im restoring an 88.5 hardtop with a 1.6 8v that had no wiring harness at all, gonna be running a 32/36 weber carb so I dont need an ECU, I am installing a push start(bypassing the clutch switch) and making my own harness for my break light switch, head lights, LED light bar, and marker lights, its gonna be strictly off road so i have no need for turn signals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts