Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to own a 2004 Ignis sport car, but i have heard tht its fuel consumption is high and it is sluggish due to its unusaual body shape and this is probably because this vehicle is slightly lower, with bigger, wider (asymmetrical racing) tyres and alloys as standard, which in turn effect its power and pick up. Anyone else experience it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Jackson@Aug 6 2004, 07:39 AM
I have decided to own a 2004 Ignis sport car, but i have heard tht its fuel consumption is high and it is sluggish due to its unusaual body shape and this is probably because this vehicle is slightly lower, with bigger, wider (asymmetrical racing) tyres and alloys as standard, which in turn effect its power and pick up. Anyone else experience it.
I also wanted to buy an Ignis Sport 1.5 but I preferred the 4x4 higher one and I love it so far! the Ignis Sport has 6.9lt/100km mixed circle (both around town and highway rides) which is as much as renault megane or clio 1.4! It has a PERFECT consumption for its power and speed! :rolleyes: As for the sluggish... mine has never failed me 10 months now... it's always stuck on the road at any speed around any corner and on the highways too. B)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by Jackson@Aug 6 2004, 07:39 AM
I have decided to own a 2004 Ignis sport car, but i have heard tht its fuel consumption is high and it is sluggish due to its unusaual body shape and this is probably because this vehicle is slightly lower, with bigger, wider (asymmetrical racing) tyres and alloys as standard, which in turn effect its power and pick up.
Sorry, but sluggish is soooo far wide of the mark!
Fuel consumption is very good, especially compared with rival cars.
If consumption is your bag, try a 1.0 diesel or electo-hybrid car.
If pocket-rocket fun is your bag, get the Ignis.
The bodykit on the sport actually improves the handling, as does the lowered ride height. The tyres are fantastic. Click the reviews below for more info.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think the fuel consumption is shocking, not much better than my MR2 before. However it goes like stink and sounds good so I'm quite happy to keep Shell in business :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
In my experience it's a very economical little beast. I rate mine on the number of K's I get out of a tank, and it averages around 450 Km/tank, which costs me around $NZ45 to fill. And given that the tank isn't particularly large, that's pretty good :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine gets about 450km on full tank of 98 until the fuel light comes on (32 liters), if I try to feed it 95 the consumption increases a lot. It's only driven 2000 km so I expect the consumption to drop. But now that it's not brand new anymore I'm gonna feed it a bit more throttle so I expect the fuel consumption to increase :haha:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heh, I waited till mine had done 1000 Km's before I started showing it who it's daddy was... :D And yeah, I do ~450 Km before the light comes on also. As much as I'm tempted to run it completely dry to see what sort of total range is, I'm wary of doing that to a vehicle with so many electronic doo-hickies in it :huh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive bin away for abit so not really bin involved in this convo but can i just say that anyone who owns an ignis sport who says that its "abit juicy" or "its fuel economy is bad", are completely talking out of thier arse!!

i use to have a 1.0ltr suzuki swift b4 my ignis sport and that gave me great fuel consumtion, and considering the ignis is far more powerful and quicker that the swift, the there isnt much difference between them. probably an extra 3 or 4 quid.

id love to hear them tell me wot other car that is considered on the same level as the sport that has a better consumtion, coz if ther is any, there defo cant be very much difference.

so to those whos talking crap, start giving proper facts so it actually helps the people who want to know or piss off!!

regards

bulldog!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Ignis sport and its great, having recently owned a BMW 328 with NOS and a mapped Leon Cupra, the fuel consumption is bloody brilliant and if you think theyre sluggish you aint driven one yet. I cant think of another car that is nearly as much fun for the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts