Suzuki Forums banner

Is it worth putting a spoa kit and air diff lockers

7K views 43 replies 6 participants last post by  Jake terry 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm new to the site and to Suzuki's and need help geting my sierra up to outback worthyness so I would like suggestions on what to do thanks

#6 ·
And if I assume from your use of the name Sierra & the term outback that you're in Australia, I'd say you can add another 50% onto that estimate - for some reason known only to ARB, you can be ARB gear cheaper in the US than you can in Australia.

#9 ·
Why the heck would you want to order a bullbar from the US? The shipping alone will kill you.

Have you considered ADR & legal requirements? It's not as if there aren't Australian made bullbars.

#13 ·
Either you and I have a different definition of bull bar or you haven't searched properly - the very first hit on Google is Twin Stick Offroad, they do a bullbar for the Sierra, as does ARB, and I'm pretty certain I can find more.

#14 · (Edited)
For the Money I'd have to recommend a Spartan in the front and a spool in the rear.
Don't get me wrong. ARB's are great , but a very spendy upgrade.
I've been running a Spartan for about a year now with good results.
$185 in the states. Minni spool $90.
For $1500 buy a welder a tube bender and a drill press and learn to use Them. A Bull bar is fabrication 101....Then you will have the equipment to build your rear bumper , cage , sliders , shock hoops , EYC.
... Boxcar ...

#15 · (Edited)
Fordem , it's not just the fact of geting one but the prices arb want for a bull bar is like 1500$ plus and I have tht kinda money laying around even then there still coming from the US , have u herd of a site called lowrangeoffroad.com I can get the gear I need dead on a third of the price then over here. Boxcar , are the sparten lockers air or auto ones same as for the spool and I think u may be right I may have to pick the welder and pipe bender again thanks for the ideas

#17 ·
Fordem , it's not just the fact of geting one but the prices arb want for a bull bar is like 1500$ plus and I have tht kinda money laying around even then there still coming from the US , have u herd of a site called lowrangeoffroad.com I can get the gear I need dead on a third of the price then over here. Boxcar , are the sparten lockers air or auto ones same as for the spool and I think u may be right I may have to pick the welder and pipe bender again thanks for the ideas
I think I'm a little confused, what is still coming from the US? ARB bullbars are not made in the US, they are made in Australia.

Are you asking me to believe that you can source an ARB bullbar in the US and ship it back to Australia for less than you'll pay in Australia? I know you can do that with the air lockers, but those are a lot smaller & lighter than a bullbar. Freight charges on a bullbar are going to kill you.

Perhaps you should join a couple of the Aussie Suzuki forums and ask the guys there where they get their bullbars from - try AusZookers for a start.

#24 ·
We're talking about the same thing - there are essentially two types of locker, selectable and auto - the selectable lockers are controlled by the driver, either using compressed air (eg. ARB), electric (eg. Eaton), or cable (eg. Ox), and are usually described as such. All others - Aussie Locker, LockRight, Spartan -where the driver does not control the locker are auto.

As I mentioned - this is the first I'm hearing that auto lockers are not permitted - I suggest you get clarification.

#35 ·
Lets keep it on topic guys

I've just deleted NINE posts made by guys making "my **** is bigger than yours" type claims. This is not an elementary school playground, fellas, we can do better than that.

#37 ·
We have a creole proverb here in Guyana - wen yuh trow stone a pigsty, de wan wah halla, a da wan yuh hit.

Translated from the patois - if you throw a stone into a pig sty, the pig that cries out, is the one that was hit - by responding to my post, you have acknowledged your participation in the juvenile behaviour.

Animal strikes occur in many countries - start your own thread in the off topic lounge (yes we have a section for that) and discuss it there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.