Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kasi gusto kung may protection siya from corrossion/rust sa external part. kasi pang internal lang ang coolant and the external part seems no protection at all. yong makikita sa front panel ng Suzuki natin, sa may ibaba ng emblem. including the radiator cap whole down externaly.

this one;

just for additional protection (WD40), okay ba?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pascalhatesworm said:
I just wonder, if rad are made of bronze why would it rusts? i dont think it will.
is it really made from bronze? i thought its alloy because its fins are too thin to be a bronze made. and bronze doesnt dissipate heat well compared to alloy. pag alloy kasi natatagalan ay nagkakacorrossion pa rin, gaya ng alloy rims. lalo na exposed to acidic environment like sea, acidic rain, other acidic liquids, and specially the urine of dog.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XL7Limited said:
bronze???? Rads were NEVER bronze. Brass way back when but now aluminum and plastic

then its really alloy :) hmmm, gonna put some WD40 for cleansing and protection.

·
Registered
553 Posts
WD40 is dust collector

WD 40 will collect dust, and it mhas an oil in it so it will act as an insulator also, cause temprature to be higher.
Clean radiator fins with strong water spray, but not a pressure washer weekly, use mild dish detergent to remove road oil and crud by spraying diluted liquid detergent on fins with spray bottle, then wash with strong hose sprayer. It will help to dissapate heat by having a clean radiator, reminds me, its time to take my own advise!:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts