Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with trying to find spare or replacement parts for the SX4 in the U.S.?

Is upkeep expensive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you own one?

Do you own one? I'm thinking about buying one in about a month. Any thoughts or recommendations? I want an automatic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right now, I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down an air filter. The nearest dealer doesn't have any yet (the parts guy said I was the first person to ask for one), and the only filter I've been able to locate online is a K&N product, part number 33-2371.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Air filter update:

A couple of days ago, I called my local dealer (the only Suzuki dealer for a town of only 42,000 people) once more to see about ordering an SX4 air filter. Fortunately for me, the dealer had received two SX4 air filters that very morning.... :cool: OTOH, the list price was $27.13 USD plus tax. :eek:

Based on this anecdotal evidence, it would appear that unique SX4 parts are beginning to make their way into the supply chain.

Note also that the SX4 uses the same oil filter as the Aerio, so there are several aftermarket options available; I haven't had any problems getting my oil filter replaced at the Sierra Vista Jiffy Lube.

·
Registered
12 Posts
anotherjeff said:
What's the big deal about K&N air filters over regular replacements?
There are two main factors in "the big deal about K&N air filters":

1. Performance. Compared to regular disposable air filters, K&N filters allow more air to flow through, without compromising filtration efficiency. More air equals more power; K&N claims an average power increase of 1-4 horsepower.

2. Longevity. K&N air filters are washable (up to 25 times, according to their Web site). Further, the service interval they recommend for normal street driving is 50,000 miles. Assuming that you replace your disposable air filter every 12,000 miles, you'll have gone through four air filters before you even have to wash your K&N filter for the first time. If you're using the dealer-stocked air filter for the SX4 (@ $27.13 each), that's over $100. Compared to the $50.04 list price of the K&N filter for the SX4, you'll be saving money shortly after the 24,000 mile mark (you do need to buy K&N filter oil and filter cleaner, which drives the price up a bit).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts