Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my sister just bought a 2006 Suzuki Swift and she wants to be able to play her iPod through the stereo. She wants me to get her an FM transmitter, but they suck balls, so I'm looking for any other options.

She has the stock stereo in the car still - Clarion PS-2657 or Clarion PS-2659 (not sure which, the manual has both models on it). There is also a CD stuck in it, I've read this isn't uncommon.

What are my possibilities here?

Is it easy enough to remove the stereo and replace it with another head unit and fascia kit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi dabizkit2001

Have you had any success with your issue in this thread? I have a similar question with my 2004 swift. I want to be able to use my ipod (because the clarion cd player is crap).The newer model swifts come with a AUX jack inbuilt and I'm wondering if these stereos can be retro fitted into earlier models (like my 2005) without losing the steering wheel controls. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, my sister just bought a 2006 Suzuki Swift and she wants to be able to play her iPod through the stereo. She wants me to get her an FM transmitter, but they suck balls, so I'm looking for any other options.

She has the stock stereo in the car still - Clarion PS-2657 or Clarion PS-2659 (not sure which, the manual has both models on it). There is also a CD stuck in it, I've read this isn't uncommon.

What are my possibilities here?

Is it easy enough to remove the stereo and replace it with another head unit and fascia kit?
Hey mate,

I did this simple mod and didn't have to replace my stereo.
Cost me $5 and a few hours of my time. Simple AUX input for your stock stereo

S5 Suzuki Swift Forum • View topic - Install AUX in Stock Headunit

Hello from Australia :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts