Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i used to own a mazda familia but i switched to a suzuki jimny just recently but the stereo does not have a cassette deck anymore. I used to have a cassette adapter that would allow me to use my mp3 player in the car. using an mp3 player allows me to listen to more sings without it skipping. but now, since the jimny only has a cd player and radio, i dont know how i can connect my mp3 player to it anymore.

hope someone can help me with this...

thanks!

bujoy :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem but there is no special ipod adapter for suzuki's.
2 ways for it
1-Changing the head unit with an "aux-in" included one
2-Buying fm transmitters for ipods but sound quality is reduced %100 :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
iPod FM transmitters

I have a FM transmitter from Monster in my Jimny. It's basically a small cord that plugs into the cigarette plug and has a small trasmitter on the cord.

Of course, sound quality is somewhat reduced, but I can still sing along!!

Eiki

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iPod FM transmitters

really? it can be connected to the lighter thingy? but what do i ask for when i go to the store? do i ask for an fm transmitter? thanks!

bujoy

·
Registered
18 Posts
FM Transmitter

Hi,

Just reading throught the posts and seeing if I can help!

From the two options, I would go and buy a new unit (from experience).

I suggest getting one that plays MP3's as you can put 250+ tracks on a single CD, all in nice folders/albums. (if you have a PC that its).

I've tried three types of FM transmitters and not one of them gave good sound what-so-ever along with being untidy and easily stolen if you have the window open in the wrong place at the wrong time ;) .

I ended up buying the transmitters and in the end buying the new head unit. So please, just skip the transmitter bit!

If you do still want to try it, you need to simply ask for an FM transmitter. Try Ebay to have a look at the sort of thing you get for your money.

A more expensive alternative would be to use these guys - Advanced Ice or the like.

The bonus doing it this way means you get to keep your existing unit.

Hope this helps,

Pommy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some of you suggest changing the stereo for one that plays MP3s or an after market one; I'm guessing you are just speculating. The stereo in my Jimny is double DIN size, but not quite... As far as I can see there is no adapter plate for a single din stereo. As you can see from the below pic, the Jimny stereo has rounded corners, the standard double DIN unit has squarer corners.

I have seen other markets (Pakistani) that have a single DIN fascia as standard but, they wont sell/send me one :(

I have tried a CNET adapter; I bought it from the US, and it didn't work at all. I got a refund rather than a replacement as it was ~£45 & didn't want to risk it being a design fault.

My local Suzuki dealer has no access to these parts either.

Standard UK Double (ish) DIN

The Pakistan model:

Another model that I found on the net (Also RHD):

1 - 6 of 6 Posts