Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juat curious as what people might suggest for using my IPOD in my Optra. I still have the factory deck, the single din cd/mp3 player with no aux input unlike the new ones in the 06s :mad: . Anyways, any suggestions? I don't really want to swap out decks as its a lease with just over a year remaining. I'm guessing my only option is FM transmitter?

·
Registered
63 Posts
fm transmitter should be your last option, in some care they work great but in others they are nothing more than an expensive peice of crap...and not to mention you will find yourself frequently shuffling stations due to static. peripheral makes ipod integration units but they are expensive, the cheapest is about 150, and honestly for that price just get a radio. your best option is to replace the radio, you can find some really nice ones from pioneer for about 100 or less that have the frone aux input and they look good too. its all about your taste.

to sum up
fm modulators suck OK ones run for about 80, but those suck also
integration peices are expensive but if you want that stock look best option
aftermarket radios best way to go but you loose the factory look

·
Registered
45 Posts
pull out your stock unit, peel off the rubber around the wires coming out of the back, get an 1/8" to anything jack. cut off the second half of it, and peel the rubber off on it as well. wrap the wires from the 1/8 to "..." around the exposed wires from the stereo. play ipod and have stereo on CD mode w/ volume turned up but no CD in the CD player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts