Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for an adapter to plug into the factory head unit... is there any way to do this? I dont want to use an FM transmitter.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have just started using a Sony tape adapter for my S50 sirius sat. radio. It has MUCH better sound than my iRiver FM modulator did (50$). In the Phoenix area, I couldn't use the FM modulators anyway- no available channels.
I thought the wire hanging down would bug, but I have the S50 mounted to the right of the radio, and the wire runs straight across and behind it. I don't see excess. Just leave enough extra for the tape deck to eject -- it has done that automatically a few times when cold.

What kind of iPod do you have? I just got a 2G shuffle (the tiny one), and I've been dreaming up a tape-adapter-mounted shuffle -- have a metal tab that comes off of the tape & sticks out of the front of the radio, to clip the iPod on. Clean, no wires hanging -- would be cool. Pull it out and go when you leave the car; nothing for theives to see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, I will try the tape adapter befor the FM transmitter. I dont have the ipod yet. I was going to buy a 30g for my wife for Christmas and want her to be able to use it in her car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts