Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big hello from cold western Minnesota!

I currently drive an old (1994) Mazda and it is time to get in to something new!

I have a local seller(individual) with a 2004 Suzuki Forenza. The car has 77K miles on it. Vehicle has an auto trans in it. I am going to go take a look in the morning and was wondering what I should keep an eye out for while buying one of these vehicles.

Do these vehicles need a timing belt? If so, at what mileage and how much does this run? I commute a lot; 100 + miles a day - so i need something that is easy on the gas.

Any known issues? Look forward to your help in making my purchasing decision!

Cheers!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello,

I have 2005 Forenza and I bought it over the summer of 2007 with 42,xxx. It currently has 86,xxx miles and it has been real reliable for me. I maintain it real well and I don't drive it terribly hard.

The Forenza does have a timing belt and it should be replaced around 60k. It cost me somewhere between $300-$400 to have the dealer replace it. I hope that owner had it replaced. Also if you do purchase it, I recommend getting the transmission fluid flushed. I had mine flushed around 82k and my transmission shifts ever so smoothly.

Other than that, I really enjoy my Forenza.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts

Thanks for the info. I usually baby all of my vehicles.

I was wondering how easy/hard it is to find parts for these cars? Do most auto stores have the parts or does one have to run to the dealer to find parts?

Cheers!

·
Registered
507 Posts
There are plenty of parts available. Some are dealer only but that is with any car.

Rockauto.com just has about every part listed for the Forenza.

Hope that helps. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts