Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there a way of slowing down the intermittent wiper speed? I find it too fast in light rain.

If not, would it be simple to fit another relay?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Simply put, no and no.
You dont tell us which year, some do it via the BCM some do it via the intermittent timer built into the switch cluster.

You might be able to get something wired in but it will depend on your model.

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
First - what is it you're trying to achieve - a slower wiper speed, or a longer interval in between wipes?

Second - a relay is essentially a switch, a switch that controls an electrical current, a switch that is controlled by an electrical current - to put it in simple terms, you use a relay when you need to control a large electrical current, using a small electrical current - what do you hope to accomplish by fitting another relay?

Last - Suzuki has been building & selling Altos since the early '90's - my Alto didn't even have an intermittent wipe function - what Alto do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A longer interval
I don't know much about car electrics so whatever the part is called?
2013 plate

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ok, there might be a way around this. If yours only has the "off, int, on" switch then you might be able to wire in a separate variable wiper delay circuit.
Got a buddy that's good with electronics? basic astable 555 timer circuit driving a relay to run the wipers would be the way to go. Bypass the existing setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts