Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Kizashi SLS with 47000 miles. The intermittent wipers stopped working during all the heavy rain we had in Texas in May. When I turn it to "Auto" the wipers go once, then don't come back on again. All other settings are fine, and the washer fluid works fine. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
See if the attached files help. The pictures from the instructions printed separately and are the two additional files.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, finally got a chance to work on it and thankfully it is raining so I could test it. The issue was with the rain sensor on the windshield behind the mirror. It wasn't secured well to the windshield. Looks like it was taken off previously and not put back on right--and the metal prongs that hold it on were bent. And it looks like the manufacturer left the other side of some Velcro off the cover that would hold it tight to the windshield. Thanks for your help. Your posts gave me the confidence that it was probably this and not some wiring issue. Works great now!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Good To hear.

I'm kind of glad I've got the lowest spec Kizashi as it's missing stuff like the auto wipers. My previous vehicle had auto wipers and it would never quite work how I would have liked it to. The sensitivity to rain also seemed to change at night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really a shame these cars didn't make it more than a few years. Everywhere I take it to get the oil changed or like yesterday, inspected, people want to talk about it. I really think they just gave it a bad name. Thanks again for your help Murcod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts