Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

my parents just bought a 2008 SX-4, but the cover trim at the ignition is fully scratched (s. picture attached).

Do you happen to have the part number for me, to replace it? Would it be easy to replace this cover trim or do you have to demontage a lot of things?

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
your scratched ignition cover

I don't know if this method will work on that area, but I accidentally, moderately scratched the black plastic molding that goes around the front tire well. (Actually, it goes along the whole length of the car.)

Anyway, an auto body friend of mine took a heat gun (like a hairdryer on steroids) and gently worked on the scratched part along with a flat piece of plastic and managed to get rid of the scratches. However, he said if the scratches had been deeper, he had another method that would have worked but didn't explain what that was, but to do it right he'd need it overnight.

On the other hand, you'll find a lot of parts for Suzukis on eBay, too. So, even if you don't find what you're looking for, you might be able to communicate with one or more of those suppliers and find what you're looking for.

Finally, there are a lot of DIY tips for Suzukis on YouTube, as well.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts