Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with giving me a step by step process in how to take off the door panels. I was thinking about recovering the current fabric on the door with something else. I have never done anything like this before, and I just don't know how to do it. :blink:

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Candice

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Originally posted by hernameisyoshimi@Dec 9 2004, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with giving me a step by step process in how to take off the door panels. I was thinking about recovering the current fabric on the door with something else. I have never done anything like this before, and I just don't know how to do it. :blink:

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Candice
Ive been intrested in the same thing but figured it wouldnt be worth it or look good if i did it myself.
Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
[attachmentid=114][attachmentid=114]It is simple just a couple of screws on the bottom and gently pry on the pannel and lift it off the weather stripping. I am going to dye the material solid grey and have my bro paint tribal on it to match the seat covers I just got. I will post a pic of the covers when I get them on. As far as the dye job and airbrush that may be a while. Here is a link to the covers I got. http://www.shearcomfort.com/seatcovers/ima...t=SPECIAL&big=1

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Originally posted by ashark2@Jan 8 2005, 11:16 PM
[attachmentid=114][attachmentid=114]It is simple just a couple of screws on the bottom and gently pry on the pannel and lift it off the weather stripping. I am going to dye the material solid grey and have my bro paint tribal on it to match the seat covers I just got. I will post a pic of the covers when I get them on. As far as the dye job and airbrush that may be a while. Here is a link to the covers I got. http://www.shearcomfort.com/seatcovers/ima...t=SPECIAL&big=1

Post a picture of your car.. im interested

*edit, i realized you're the same person that helped the guy with the rims*

**Edit, AGAIN, lol.. i didnt realize you were the same person i talked to on cardomain... okay i think im done**

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I found the dye and I think I will use a stencil for the design(will look neater and more even). The manufacturer of the dye suggests 50+ degrees so I will wait till spring to attempt. Cool part about the dye is no need to take door panel off! Just a little tape and a good blade. Dry in 30 min. and 72 hours for dye to set and then it is there 4 ever.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Originally posted by ashark2@Jan 10 2005, 09:14 AM
Well I found the dye and I think I will use a stencil for the design(will look neater and more even). The manufacturer of the dye suggests 50+ degrees so I will wait till spring to attempt. Cool part about the dye is no need to take door panel off! Just a little tape and a good blade. Dry in 30 min. and 72 hours for dye to set and then it is there 4 ever.
PM me with everything you know about this dye including the name if you dont mind. Is this just to dye the carpet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts